10 beach must-have’s
Since I’m fresh off my beach vacation in Tahoe (and headed back soon), I thought it might be helpful to share some of my beach must-haves today on the blog. Some of these items might sound silly, but I’m a mom and always need to be prepared for my toddler, so it’s necessary! Here are the top 10 beach must have’s:
- Beach Bag- (duh!) I have an old one that I got for Christmas a few years ago, but I’ve been eyeing this one and this one at Target. If you don’t like tassels, then this isn’t your season 😉 I want all the totes!
- My favorite sunscreen– Neutrogena® Beach Defense® Spray Sunscreen. I first bought this last summer in a Costco pack, and I’m hooked! Spray sunscreen is the best invention ever for applying to your body. This one has always kept me protected, and the main reason I keep buying it is for the amazing smell!
- Ziploc bag– for your phone! I know I can’t be the only on that does this! Anytime I’m near sand, I always put my iPhone in a Ziploc bag to keep the sand out. I have a case and screen protector, but I swear that sand gets everywhere and makes a mess! I can still text and scroll Instagram with it in the bag, but of course take it out (carefully) to take pictures.
- Hat– I am loving this straw hat from Target, and it was in my last Friday Favorites post. I’m a firm believer in protecting yourself from the sun. I went to cheer camp when I was younger and burnt my scalp so bad that it blistered 🙁 I’ve learned my lesson and always try to wear a hat! I alternate between a floppy hat and a baseball cap.
- S’Well water bottle– I am in love with this water bottle. My two reasons: it keeps water cold for a long time (12 hours I believe), and it is a screw top so I never have to worry about it falling over and soaking everything in my bag or purse! I love this water bottle and am looking at getting another fun color soon!
- Outdoor Banket– I received this one as part of a Mother’s Day gift, and I love it! I’ve been laying it down first, and then my towel on top. It’s nice to have a big area that Ben can sit on with me, and I can spread out all my stuff.
- Baby Wipes– This is the mom in me… but I love baby wipes! I use them for everything, and they are especially handy at the beach for removing sand, dirt, lotion residue, the list goes on. Ben is going through this phase where he won’t eat snacks until his hands are clean, so these are a must-have in my beach bag!
- Reading Material (Books/Magazines)– To be honest, now that I’m a mom I don’t get nearly as much reading in as I used to. But, I always come prepared for those rare moments where Ben is entertaining himself with sand toys or playing with someone. I loved the most recent issue of Women’s Health, and got lots of tips and ideas.
- Lip Balm- I alternate between EOS and Burt’s Bees. Whichever one, I have it on me at all times, especially at the beach. Tahoe gets a little windy in the afternoon so it’s nice to swipe on some balm to soothe my lips.
- Snacks– I must have snacks at all times. The walk down to the beach in Tahoe from our cabin consists of 93 steep steps, and it’s a killer to walk back up for something. So, I like to bring fruit or crackers to share, that way I don’t have to walk up for awhile!
Did I miss anything? I would love to hear your must-have’s when headed to the pool or beach!