Our 5 Favorite Dates
In our seven years of marriage, we’ve learned a thing or two. One of those “things” is that you need date nights in your life! We don’t get them nearly as often as we should, but any time we can steal alone is always a plus for our relationship. Sometimes we forget that we need that time reconnect, and when it finally happens it’s so good. As we usually end the date saying, “we need to do this more often.”
My outfit is from a dinner date out last week. When I spotted this dress I couldn’t wait to try it on! It’s so fun and I plan to wear it again in Maui with some flat sandals. And of course, I also thought of the red dress emoji on my iPhone! I love to dress up for our dinner dates and think it’s important to make an effort for each other.
It’s easy to get stuck in a rut and have the same date over and over again, so today I’m sharing 5 of our favorite dates. Enjoy!
5 Date Ideas
- Dinner out! Now I know this one is classic and a no-brainer, but it’s on the list for good reason. Now that we’re parents of two kids, a meal alone without interruptions is a BIG DEAL! Going out to dinner and having time to have a real conversation should not be underestimated. There’s no dishes to do and you can order a drink! We try to switch it up and go to new restaurants because it’s always fun to share a new experience.
- Go to a local sports game. My husband pretty much likes all sports (it can get annoying) but I do agree with him on baseball. We’re both Giants fans, so a fun day date we recently had was going to a game! It was about a two hour drive to the city, but we got to spend a whole day alone. The games are always fun, and it’s a memory we won’t forget.
- Go on a hike. This is another one of our favorites! My husband spends a lot of time outdoors for his job as a firefighter, so he’s always down for a hike. We are lucky enough to live in California and there are so many beautiful hikes in our area. You can also pack a lunch and have a picnic, which adds a little more time to your date. Hiking is also a great date because you get a workout in, and there aren’t any distractions out in nature!
- Wine tasting! Who doesn’t love wine? If you think you don’t, then you need to try some of the California wines! We are pretty close to Napa, but there are some wineries within 30 minutes of our house. We’ve had so many fun dates where we pull out the winery map and stop at a few wineries to taste wine. Wineries almost always have gorgeous views, and we’ve gotten in the habit of bringin a picnic lunch to some of our favorite places. Then we can buy a glass (or bottle!) of wine to enjoy with lunch and just relac. We always end up finding a few good bottles of wine, and it’s a sweet way to bring a piece of the date home. Then when we finally open the bottle, we can remember the day that went with it!
- Go to a concert! Live music is always a good idea!! You can find plenty of concerts, either in big areas or in small bars. Summertime is perfect for concerts if you live near an outdoor area (like we do). We have so many artists who’s music we love and it’s a special treat to see them live. I always google the area or venue to see their upcoming shows, and then pick and choose from there.
Get my FREE guide!
Subscribe to get my free guide, 5 Ways to Dress Up Jeans & a Tee! You'll also be on the list to get the latest posts by email, as well as exclusive content!