Friday Favorites: Motherhood Moments
In honor of Mother’s Day this weekend, today I’m sharing my top 5 motherhood Moments from this week.
Side note- how cute is this tee?? I saw it and had to have it. You can buy it here from So Modish Boutique, AND you can get 15% off your entire purchase with code sheknowschic15 🙂
Top 5 Motherhood Moments
- Pool time. The weather is really heating up here, and we had a 90 degree day this week! Mike had been doing yard work all day and decided it was as good a time as any to have the first swim of the season. Of course, Ben wanted to join, so I pulled up a chair in the backyard and held Charlotte. It was so relaxing to sit and watch them play in the water, and really admire the relationship between father and son. It was a simple moment, but I felt such contentment.
- Charlotte turned 3 months old this week! Where does time go?! I’ve been taking her photo each month (I did the same with Ben) and it’s so fun documenting her little personality. Her smile melts my heart and she is so sweet and precious. I’ll be sharing the pictures next week, along with a 3 month update!
- Bubbles in the backyard. Ben is obsessed with bubbles (what kid isn’t, right?) so we spend a lot of time outside doing them. It’s so fun to watch him chasing the bubbles and giggling with delight!
- Getting my hair done. Ok so maybe this isn’t really about motherhood, but in a way it is. I think it’s so important for moms to take time to themselves. It’s SO hard to get away sometimes, but I always come back refreshed. I need these mini breaks!
- Probably my favorite moment of the week was with my little 3 year old boy. Backstory: When we were swimming earlier this week (see #1), Ben needed to go to the bathroom but there was no way I was letting him in the house soaking wet. So, Mike took the opportunity to show him how to pee outside. It’s a boy thing I guess. Anyways, today Ben was in the backyard playing while I was folding laundry. I looked out the window to see that little boy with his pants down, peeing in the dirt. I laughed out loud! And of course, sent a pic to my husband. Ben cracks us up and there’s never a dull moment.
I hope you enjoy this weekend with your mom, kids, whoever the special women are in your life. And if it’s a tough one I hope you find peace. I’ll be counting my blessings all weekend long.